Looking Good, but Functional?
With modern developments in technology, everyone has access to devices and gadgets that facilitates their needs conveniently. We are obsessed with making everything look to the point and look good. Similarly, when you design your website, would you choose good looking one over high functional one or the other way around? It would be a lie if we chose functional because the latest trends in the industry promote a creatively good-looking website over any other.
Most of the users on the internet are of the younger generation that is well-versed with every change on important applications that they binge on. Through these applications, they have developed their sense of judging a website by its looks than functionalities. If you wish to reach out to them, getting professional web design services in the UK can make matters easier.
When you create a good design, you need to ensure that your target audience finds and is appealed by it, but you also don’t want it to lag because of the high-resolution images or videos you added. The balance between the two is what makes your web design a success. So, how do we determine this balance? Let’s read further and learn more about aesthetic and functional web designs.
Choose Between Aesthetics or Functional
Aesthetics is the appreciation of beauty. It emphasises every little detail and enhances empty spaces to make them seem an effective part of the website that is being designed. You can find artistic aestheticism in almost everything around us, and it is the fashion or style of the century.
The debate between good-looking web design over functional one has been going on for a long time; here, let us discuss the perks of both, and you can decide which will work the best for you.
Aesthetic Web Design
Aesthetic web designs prioritise visually stunning elements; thus, let’s discuss the benefits of such a web design.
- Pique Interest – There are more than hundreds of competitors targeting the same audience as you. How do you differentiate yourself from the competition? With an aesthetically unique website, you create a trend and brand value for the product or service that you are providing. From serene colour combinations to vibrant, rocky aesthetics can all grab the attention of your visitors.
- Show Off your Skills – Say you are operating in a creative field like advertising or filmography; your website can be the perfect place to show off your skills. Customers will form their opinions about your website based on the inputs you apply.
- Build better relationships – When you make an effort to build your website in the most creative and eye-catching manner with high-quality content and services, users will automatically feel attracted to it and build a better relationship with your business.
- Influence emotions – Humans use their visual senses more than any other senses, and thus, evoking emotions among users with a visually aesthetic website can do wonders. With specific colours or themes, you are guaranteed to create retention and conversion among your target audience.
Functional Web Design
Choosing a functional web design that allows operational activities to work smoothly over high-resolution visual effects has its own perks. Here are some of the few that you can consider.
- Easy Navigation – When the functionality is prioritised over visuals, even complex operations get loaded pretty quickly. Your customers will look past your impressive images if the website is fast performing and easy to navigate.
- Faster Load Times – Well-functioning websites load faster than high-quality image-loaded websites. Studies show that users exit websites that load slower and engage with ones that load faster. So, building a functional website proves to retain customers for a longer time frame.
- Quicker conversions – When the site is fast and easy to navigate, then the question of conversion does not arise. With appropriate marketing strategies, you can rack up quicker conversions as the landing page is efficient and helps the users learn more about your business.
- Mobile-friendly – Images, GIFs, and videos jam-packed into a website may not exactly fit a mobile’s screen. Almost everyone has a mobile device, which makes searching easier; therefore, it would be wise to build a website that can be accessed from any device, including mobile phones.
Professional Help? Get Telsa Media
Whether your choice is aesthetic or functional, it is undeniable that the technicalities behind both can be complex to undertake when you have your business to run. In that case, your best option would be to hire a professional web designing company leading in the industry. Without further adieu, let us introduce Telsa Media, an award-winning web design company that has helped online businesses mould their website to the desirability of the business and their customers.
The team of specialists at Telsa Media hold years of experience and so can provide you with a range of solutions to make a high-quality, personalised website which can be unique in the industry that you operate in.
Leave A Comment